The mission of the Tuscaloosa Area Black Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is to promote economic development in the Tuscaloosa County, AL African-American community and surrounding under-represented communities of West Alabama by developing economic empowerment strategies that will assist current and future Black or under-represented business owners in becoming sustainable.
To this end, the corporation shall endeavor and sustain West Alabama communities, particularly Tuscaloosa and surrounding communities by:
- Promoting economic growth and development within underserved communities in West Alabama
- Promoting an understanding of the American Free Enterprise system through education, research, and development of model programs
- Promoting and enhancing leadership, individual involvement, and community development through public forums and training
- Conducting seminars designed to educate participants in the management of trade and professional associations and business enterprises
- Sponsoring educational seminars and conferences to educate youth in entrepreneurship and leadership development
Why a "Black" Chamber?
TABCC exists because we believe in education advocacy. State statistics reveal that there is no all-in-one box for minority business needs. The more informed we are, the better we are to navigate in a competitive environment, and overcome the history and culture of Alabama that considers Black Businesses different therefore inferior.
Areas Served by TABCC
The Tuscaloosa Area Black Chamber of Commerce serves businesses and organizations, including but not limited to, those listed in the following Alabama cities and communities:
- Bibb County
- West Blocton
- Fayette County
- Greene County
- Hale County
- Marengo County
- Perry County
- Pickens County
- Sumter County
- Tuscaloosa County
- Wilcox County
If you do not see your county listed, you are still welcome to join the Tuscaloosa Area Black Chamber of Commerce.